Christmas is around the corner, and is such a wonderful time of the year, one of my preferred desserts for days like these is the Apple Strudel, with its flaky paste, and the super moist inside filled with apple, eating a warm piece of strudel with some vanilla ice cream on top is THE BEST! The perfect comfort treat for a cloudy day!
These days I’ve been super busy, with all the recipes for the end of the year, that sometimes I just want to relax a little, binge watch Netflix and eat some Apple Strudel for the win!
In finding a good and easy to make strudel recipe, I got this one from Kiwilimón a kind of database for recipes in Latin America and I’m so kin of those girls as their recipe for a Braided Apple Strudel is great, just imagine something fluffy and beautifully crafted, looking like a little piece of art, a nice touch for an everyday evening, here’s the step by step video to make the perfect braiding for this Apple Strudel.
The flaky puff pastry, the nice scent of caramelized apple bites, inviting enough to enjoy the evening by yourself and feeling like home.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (7.8x7.8 inches or 20x20cm)
- 3 red apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp. of sugar
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 egg, to brush the strudel
- Icing sugar, to finish
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- For the filling, in a small saucepan put the apples and combine with sugar, cinnamon powder and cook on high heat, add the vanilla and cook until most of the liquid has gone. Let apples cool completely.
- Preheat oven at 350ºF (180ºC)
- Roll puff pastry in a lightly floured work surface, cut a square of 7.8” (20cm) each side.
- Place the apples down the center of the dough.
- Cut slats on either side of dough 1 ½” wide approximately, fold the ends over the filling.
- Begin to cross over the slats covering the filling.
- Brush the strudel with the egg.
- Bake from 20 to 25 minutes or until Apple Strudel is golden and crisp.
- Let it cool inside the oven.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar and enjoy!
Rinde: 1 strudel
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
Total time: 55 mins.
Tags: Strudel, Apple, Christmas Desserts, Austrian Desserts.
Hugs everybody… For more recipes, tips, any questions or comments visit Chokolat Pimienta’s Youtube Channel and don’t forget to Like & SHARE! :D