Do you fancy a really big sandwich?!... hahaha this beautiful Strawberry Jam Sandwich Cake is really easy and amusing to make! we just get a super white mix to create the bread effect and we stuff it with strawberry jelly! Om nom nom nom! n_n
Since I already had some carton egg whites left, I began to think in what creative way I could use them and this Sandwich Cake was the perfect way to go; it’s a fun cake to do specially if you have kids at home but hey! I’m sure grown-ups would love some too. Besides, egg whites are very nutritious and they help us giving that amazing fluffy and really white effect, like real sandwich bread!
You can stuff this cake with anything you like!... What about peanut butter and jelly?! I´m not a fan of that combination but I know is pretty popular… Or maybe chocolate ganache!? Yum yum! That sounds more tasteful to me, you can also try other jams, caramel or even Nutella!
Sandwich CakePublished 10/14/2015
A cake that looks like a sandwich! …or a sandwich that looks like a cake? This picturesque and perfectly white vanilla cake is filled with strawberry jam. Believe me; you’ll make people wonder what they’re seeing ;D
- In the mixer fitted with the whisk paddle place the egg whites and mix at high speed, then gradually add 5-6 tablespoons of sugar, until stiff peaks form, transfer all to a different bowl, and reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 356ºF (180ºC).
- Strain with a fine mesh all dry ingredients this will help us to aerate the flour and avoid any lumps in the mix, this is very important step to get a cake with a perfect fluffy texture.
- Now place the butter and the coconut oil in the mixer, then add the rest of the sugar and mix it all until everything is completely blend, add half of the flour and half of the milk, keep mixing, then add the vanilla and lastly the rest of the flour and milk.
- Fold thoroughly the egg whites into the cake batter, but remember to not over mix.
- Spray the cake mold with oil and pour the batter into it, place a tray under the mold so it can be easier to handle in and out of the oven.
- Bake the cake for 45 or 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool before unmold. With a serrated knife remove the crust on top of your cake, then cut it in half like a sandwich bread, stuff it with strawberry jam or your filling of choice for a sweet, sweet sandwich :D
Yield: 1 cake
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 50 mins.
Total time: 70 mins.
Tags: Sandwich cake, cake, sandwich, jam, jelly, strawberry, funny cake, egg whites.
Don’t worry if you don’t have the mold, you can make it in a square mold and cut it little by little to give the characteristic sandwich shape to the cake or you can do it rounded and still have that perfect hyper white cake. Watch the video where I’ll give you some tips so you can give a proper finish to your cake and what differences you can achieve by changing between oil and butter on cakes.
If you’re craving for some recipe and want me to show you how to do it write me in any of my social network sites and I’ll be glad to make it for you! Have a great weekend, Chokolovers C:
Hugs everybody… For more recipes, tips, any questions or comments visit Chokolat Pimienta’s Youtube Channel and don’t forget to Like & SHARE! :D