Whoaaa!!! Aren’t those the sweetest and prettiest thing on earth?! I think those were THE cutest thing! I even believe those were the most endearing dessert I’ve ever made until now…And I’m referring to those Teddy Bear Cookies in past tense because… yup, go figure they’re gone, right off the oven and they were devoured in minutes… perhaps the Cookie Monster was snatching some cookies that day around my neighborhood… :P
These Teddy Bear Cookies are made out of three different flavors of batter…for creatively purpose only… well, not really but it turned out great to bring those Teddies alive, AND at the same time giving us the chance to enjoy different flavors in just one cookie! I enjoyed better the portions with cinnamon and the five-spice powder, this is a mix of classic spices from Middle East with clove, pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, cumin and a tiny bit of anise… just the right amount, which matches perfectly with the vanilla and cocoa batter.
I don’t know if the amount of pictures is excessive to you but I got really excited with the Teddy Bear Cookies that in the end I couldn’t narrow down to to the usual amount of photos I use in a regular entry… D:
If you loved these Teddy Bear Cookies as much as I do, you can purchase one of the cookie cutters right on this link ;D Watch the video, paying close attention is key for these cute and delish cookies!
Teddy Bear Cookies
These super homely chocolate, vanilla and cinnamon Teddy Bear cookies will charm your sight, then they’ll blow your taste buds, and just right through the heart!
- In a food processor put 2 cups of flour, the icing sugar, the salt and the vanilla, and blend these ingredients, add the cold butter slice by slice blend pressing at intervals until moist crumb forms. Divide the dough in two halves. In a bowl mix one of those halves with the ½ cup of flour left, once is thoroughly mix split in two AGAIN! One is going to be your vanilla dough, so it’s ready to be wrapped in cling film. Add the five-spice powder or ground cinnamon to the other ball of dough, wrap in plastic and chill both in the fridge.
- Finally, the other ball of dough left is going to be your chocolate dough, add the cocoa powder, knead until well mixed, wrap in plastic and chill with the others in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Flatten each dough between sheets of wax paper, separately. With your Teddy Bear cookie cutter cut the Teddies and transfer them to a lined pan, mix the different colors/dough adequately to form your Teddies, when in doubt watch the vid ;-)
- Once you have all your Teddies in the pan, chill in the fridge while preheating the oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Bake your Teddies until golden, about 15-20 minutes.
- Wait until cooled to begin the detailing work; eyes, cheeks and mouth. I used royal icing for it.
- Leave them to dry before eating them all! n_n
Yield: 15-20 Teddy Bear Cookies
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 50 mins.
Tags: Cookies, Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear Cookies, Cute, Cookies Recipe, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Five-Spice Powder, Super Cute Cookie Cutters, Biscuits.
See? These Teddy Bear Cookies are the easiest! A few extra tips: Refrigerate your batter between batches, the batter must be cold to cut the cookies out of it also sometimes the cookies can break before baked believe me is no biggie, in the video I show you how to fix it.
Hope you like these Teddy Bear Cookies, now you know that Chokolat Pimienta Shop have that beautiful and SO precious cookie cutter, so hurry up before they’re gone too!
If you’re craving for some recipe and want me to show you how to do it write me in any of my social network sites and I’ll be glad to make it for you! Have a pleasant baking day, Chokolovers C:
Hugs everybody… For more recipes, tips, any questions or comments visit Chokolat Pimienta’s Youtube Channel and don’t forget to Like & SHARE! :D