Hi Chokolovers, today I’m showing you how to make my delicious and multipurpose vanilla batter, which now I’m using for Vanilla Cupcakes! This is a very basic recipe because with this batter as a base you can make infinite combinations for cupcakes and cakes, you’ll see how easy it is and OMG is foolproof; spongy, moistly and soft cupcakes ever single time!
This Vanilla Cupcake batter is my favorite since you can make anything you want with it, is not just for cupcakes, is great for cakes too! And why this recipe is so great? Well, for instance because I made it myself! haha just kidding :P what makes this batter so awesome is that we use butter and vegetable oil at the same time, butter gives structure to the batter while oil make the cake hyper soft and spongy, and we use yogurt too which gives moisture to the cake, so as you can imagine this Vanilla Cupcakes are softer and moister than regular cupcakes.
As you might have noticed buttercream has never been my cup of tea, hence this Vanilla Cupcakes are topped with vanilla cheese cream and I also decorated them with crystallized flowers, and they look mega cute, and now I’m about to show you how to make them, these Vanilla Cupcakes are mix with different berries for flavors, in the video I’m showing you how to create those combinations, so don’t miss the vid!
A basic recipe to create a variety of desserts, the sky is the limit with this vanilla batter! And these vanilla cupcakes are the perfect example of that ;-)
- First we need to give a stir to all the dry ingredients together, and then we sieve that mix, is important sieving dry ingredients so that larger pieces can be removed and ingredients can be mixed together thoroughly, and the final result will be a free-lump, smooth and silky batter and that’s what we want! But at the same time we are incorporating air into the ingredients which changes the structure of the material. Aerating flour makes the flour lighter.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, the oil and the sugar on its slowest speed initially and increase the speed gradually until you have a light, pale and fluffy mixture.
- Now it’s time to add the egg yolks, whisk a little until incorporated and then add the eggs, this is the way to get a perfect cake consistency.
- Add the yogurt and now that the batter is well combined it’s time to add the dry ingredients, in two additions is great. And last but no least add the vanilla paste and voilà!
- If you want plain Vanilla Cupcakes, pour the batter in a cupcake mold pan and bake for 20-22 minutes over 350ºF (180ºC). I use an ice cream scoop to distribute the right amount of batter every time. ;-)
- In the video you can get more ideas how to mix and match this batter for more cupcakes flavors.
- Always! ALWAYS! Always remember to preheat your oven, it’s mega important to get the right bake!
Yield: 24 Cupcakes
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 22 mins.
Total time: 42 mins.
Tags: Cupcakes, Basic Recipes, Multipurpose Batter, Vanilla, Desserts. Bake. Baking 101.
|Orange & Blueberries|
Here’s a blueberry and orange cupcake, and some raspberry cupcakes, I made a batch with mixed flavors. I guarantee they’re so GOOD, I love to eat them warm and just out of the oven. And they’re perfect for breakfast.
See you next time, hugs everybody! For more recipes, tips, any questions or comments visit my Youtube Channel and SHARE! :D