We start July with a mega cute and sweet recipe these Homemade Lollipops, just because Spring is over doesn’t mean we should stop enjoying the beauties it brought us and as you might noticed I’m an enthusiast of using edible flowers, I adore them, they make everything look charming. Flowers have the power to raise any dessert from ordinary to extraordinary, looking endearing and out of this world, I love them madly! n_n
A few weeks ago I ordered a ‘small’ shipment of these beauties and then I was like crazy trying to pin them to everything! I didn’t wanted them to wither and go to waste that’s no way to honor the work of the people who nurtured them… anyways the point being is that these Homemade Lollipops are splendid and look beautiful over dessert tables and are easy to do, you just need a saucepan, a cooking thermometer and if you don’t have one I have a few tricks to show you how to tell if your candy is ready! ;-)
It is important to use organic edible flowers, not all flowers are edible. I frequently use pansies and carnations, you can use amaranth flowers or squash blossoms too, if you’re not into food or desserts with flowers…is probably because you have no soul, j/k but really if you don’t like flowers you can use mint or basil leaves instead or chocolate or confetti sprinkles to make the trick.
This lovely homemade flowery lollipops are easy to do! Garnish with edible flowers or with anything you like (-:
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of corn syrup
- ¼ cup of water
- Violet food coloring
- Edible flowers
- Lollipop sticks
- 2 cups of ice sugar (to make the lollipops molds)
- In a small saucepan add the sugar, the corn syrup and the water and let it boil on high heat until it reaches the hard crack stage around 300ºF (150ºC). DON’T STIR.
- Meanwhile put the ice sugar in a pan, you can use a cup or a glass to make the molds, put the lollipops sticks and reserve.
- To know if your candy is ready pour a small amount of it in a dish, if it dries fast and harden to the touch is set! You must be careful of not getting burn, you can use the cooking thermometer is safer and more accurate this way.
- Off the heat and add the flavoring extract and the food coloring of your choice.
- Carefully spoon the hot sugar syrup in your molds, throw some edible flowers and make sure the tops of the sticks are completely embedded in the candy.
- Let the lollipops sit and harden at room temperature for 2 hours.
Yield: 5 or more lollipops.
Prep Time: 0 hrs. 25 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: Homemade Lollipops, Candy Lollipops, Edible Flowers, Lollipop’s Recipes, Candy.
For more recipes, tips, any questions or comments visit my Youtube Channel, new recipes every Monday, Wednesday & Friday and a lot of tips any-day!