Good morning my darlings! Today I want to share with you this mega nutritious recipe so we can begin to adjust our diets and make it healthier. This delightful Quinoa Tabbouleh salad has become one of my favorites. I’m not going to deny that baking sweets for a living hasn’t got me a few extra pounds but with some adjustments in our diets we can revert some of the effects and perhaps lose a little weight. This quinoa tabbouleh salad is super easy and it has high amounts of fiber, vitamins and it’s high on protein so as you can see it’s an amazing low-calorie fulfilling superfood.
I love Lebanese cuisine and tabbouleh has become a dish I can’t ignore this being the reason behind me playing a little with the main ingredient and using quinoa for an extra nutritional twist. Generally speaking Tabbouleh salad is made with bulgur but this basic wheat makes it a little too heavy for the belly, swapping from bulgur to quinoa we can make it more nutritious and lighter while at it.
Light and healthy tabbouleh made with quinoa seeds, an amazing superfood!
- 2 Tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- 1 small stem of chives
- ¼ cup of peppermint leaves
- 1 cup of parsley
- 1 cup of quinoa seeds (previously cooked)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ lemon freshly squeezed
- Salt and pepper (at taste)
- We begin by preparing some quinoa, you can watch and learn to prepare basic quinoa from the link below. Let it cool completely before starting to prepare this quinoa tabbouleh salad because it’s meant to be fresh and light to your belly! ;-)
- Finely diced the tomatoes and your cucumber. Chop the parsley, the peppermint leaves and your stem of chives finely, try to be thorough with this task so all the natural oils from these aromatic herbs can be release and give the outstanding and freshly flavor we’re expecting from this dish.
- Put all of your ingredients into a bowl, add the olive oil and the lemon juice. Finish by seasoning it with salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy! Try not to eat all of the bowl by yourself lately is something that I’ve been doing and I’m not proud of it, but I supposed that’s proof of how flavorsome this damn quinoa tabbouleh salad is, right? :-P
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: Recipe, Healthy foods, Quinoa, Salads, Tomato, Cucumber, Tabbouleh, Superfoods, Lebanese Cuisine, Light fulfilling foods, fulfilling foods.
I leave you with the link on How to prepare basic Quinoa, if you want to read some facts about quinoa here’s the previous post link in case you missed it ;-)
Hope you enjoy this little hint into an exotic middle eastern cuisine, see ya later everybody! :-)