I bet that your jaw is still on the floor, Pasta Alfredo with cauliflower and peas, well yes, It is an interesting twist to this basic sauce, it can be a bit scary, since it’s so full of calories, well this version is lighter, healthier and you’ll be eating vegetables and you won’t even realize they are there.
The Pasta Alfredo is a crowd pleaser, not only because it is easy to make, but because it tastes like heaven, well with all that butter and cream how could it taste bad? The thing is that you can make a lighter version and super delicious using this tasty vegetable that many hate, I love all vegetables the first time I saw this recipe I was enchanted, it helped me a lot, because my husband looks like a spoiled brat and doesn’t eat any vegetable, so this was a clever way to make him eat them, he just though it had peas in it, until I explained him what the sauce had, besides, it goes great with this non meat Monday.
I you have kids, I think this Is a great way to make them eat vegetables without them realizing it, there are many that have fear of eating them and this will make a progress.
Pasta Alfredo with cauliflower and peas
This pasta Alfredo with cauliflower and peas will make you love the light version; it is a healthier way to make a Pasta Alfredo.
- 1 cup of low-fat milk
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of cream
- 200g of tagliatelle (100 per person)
- 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of peas
- Chop the cauliflower, clean it and place it in a pot, then add the chicken broth and milk, take it to the fire and cook it over medium high heat for 8 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove 1/4 cup of cauliflower and reserve (this if you like cauliflower like me, otherwise skip this step) cook it for about 5 minutes more until the cauliflower dissolves on its own. Turn off the heat and let it cool for a little while.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta as you regularly do.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a blender and add about 1/2 cup of the broth, ground it fine, if necessary add a little more of the liquid, include the cheese and cream.
- Transfer the sauce back to the empty pot, add butter and cook it until the sauce thickens and it incorporates, add the peas and served over the cooked pasta.
Yield: 2 people
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: Pasta Alfredo, Alfredo sauce, cauliflower, peas, Meat Free Monday.
Have a nice week start, remember that the biggest blessing is to be alive, be graceful every day, because every dawn is a new opportunity, as usual, if you make a recipe, share it on your networks with the #chokolatpimienta, Kisses for my chokolovers!