Today is a special day, we start this new section of my blog, Chokolovers, because you pick the recipe and I cook it for you!
Last month I asked you on face which recipe would you like me to male, and most of you my chokolovers asked me to make French macaroons, but sadly I can’t make that recipe because it is on my online courses, you do understand right? So I took the second favorite recipe, and it was the Dead by chocolate, this cake is so full of chocolate, it is made from dark chocolate, filled with a super divine chocolate ganache, it was made with Chocolates Paria (Venezuelan Chocolate), I had these chocolate bars since November ( I met the owner on the Tabasco chocolate festival) and I’ve been saving it for a special recipe, Obviously getting these chocolate sis kind of difficult, if you don’t live in Venezuela, but you can make this cake using your favorite , as long as it is over 60% cacao, the flavors of this death by chocolate cake are intense and strong.
I designed the recipe so that the cake is super moist and soft, it hold nicely on the fridge, and it is not too sweet, the dark chocolate flavor is intense and the coffee we add makes the chocolate even more explosive, even if it is really good, be moderated, don’t eat it by yourself, share I with your friends, you’ll see it fly away really quick.
This chocolate cake is a slow death, with an intense bitter chocolate flavor and an rich and sumptuous ganache.
· 115 g of unsalted butter
· 115 g of oil
· 450 grams of brown sugar
· 3 eggs
· 80 ml of yogurt
· 200 ml of coffee
· 80 grams of cocoa
· 300 g of flour
· 1 tbsp. of baking powder.
· 1/4 tsp. of bicarbonate.
· 1 pinch of salt vanilla
- We start the cake by measuring all the ingredients and leaving them ready, we turn on the oven to 350 ° F.
- Now sift all dry ingredients, it is very important that you do not skip this step. Reserve for later.
- Place in mixer bowl the butter, sugar and oil, cream using the paddle attachment, when they are creamed add the eggs, one by one.
- Then add the yogurt, mix and then add the dry ingredients in two parts, finally add the coffee, if it this is a little lukewarm better, never stop beating if you add it hot, because you can bake the dough, but if the coffee is warm it will make the sugar dissolve and everything will be concentrated.
- Prepare a baking pan with butter and cococa covering it, click to learn how to do it with the cocoa. Pour the mixture and bake for 45-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from oven and let it cool. Divide the cake into equal layers and fill with ganache, bellow you can find the recipe. Cover the entire cake and refrigerate for at least two hours after add the final ganache layer and enjoy.
Yield: 2 Cakes of 16 cm or 1 of 22 cm
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 50 mins.
Total time: 70 mins.
Tags: Chocolate, Chokolovers, Cake.
Super deli bitter chocolate ganache.
- Place in a water bath the chocolate, cream and butter, when everything is melted, transfer it to the mixer, incorporate the sugar and beat until the ganache cools and becomes bright, if it is hot, you can place for a while in the fridge.
Yield: 2 cups of chocolate ganache.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: Chocolate, Chokolovers, Ganache, Cake
I hope you like the new section and cake, remember if you make this recipe share it with us on instagram with the #chokolatpimienta. I send you kisses and wish you a great weekend.