Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Lemon and Thyme Pound Cake


Spring is comming, can you feel it? I do. Today I celebrate many things, first is the arrival of spring,  second, it's my father's birthday and third, it is the anniversary of the collaborative blog Mega Silvita, and to celebrate I bring you this mega delicious and easy recipe, a Lemon and thyme pound cake, with refreshing flavours and even if they look weird on a cake, they are delicious.

There are times when I think that there is something wrong with me, I look at clothes and there are things I kind of like, but I go to the food market and I see something as a fresh thyme with their beautiful purple flowers and those I HAVE to buy, because they are pretty and I have to make something with them, and so this is how this cake was born, seeing something this beautiful nature gives us and making a recipe with it, even more when it's flavours inspire memories, I don't know, this is what this lemon and thyme pound cake inspire me, it reminds me of home.

Pound Cake de Limón y Tomillo

The combination of thyme and lemon is classic, you'll see a thousand recipes with lemon and thyme on the net, but taking those flavors to a sweet recipe? why not? even if it looks like crazy , it is delicious, the fresh thyme has a soft flavour and the lemon adds a unique freshness, it is a perfect pound cake for lunch time or breakfast, on my house it didn't last not even 3 days.




This Lemon and thyme pound cake, is super soft, we use natural yogurt instead of milk, this will help your cakes being a lot softer and when saving it on the fridge, they wont get hard as rock, I also used soft olive oil, the one we use on salads, the olive oil adds a special touch, a wonderful perfume that complements well with the lemon and the thyme.

" I want to be fresh thyme, the one that is born on a pot, next to the lemon tree".... Sunrise Verses.
Pound Cake de Limón y Tomillo

Lemon and Thyme Pound Cake 

Vanessa Hernández
Published 03/17/2015
This lemon and thyme pound cake is super fresh and soft to start the spring, with slightly acid and floral flavors, you'll love it.

Ingredients


  • 350 grs of sugar
  • 180 ml of olive oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
  • 1 tbsp of fresh thyme
  • 1/4 cup of lemon juice
  • 280 ml of yogurt
  • 300 grs of flour
  • 1 tbsp of baking powder





  • 1 cup of powder sugar
  • 1/4 cup og lemon juice
  • Thyme flowers

  • Instructions

    1. Place in the mixer the sugar and oil, mix well, then add the eggs and mix until they cream or until you see the mixture changes color slightly (it is going to be light yellow).
    2. Pre heat the oven to 380 ° F, do this before you start making the cake. 
    3. Now add the lemon zest, thyme and yogurt, then add the the dry ingredients,
    4. Pour the cake batter into a previously greased and floured pound cake or bundt cake mold.
    5. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool thoroughly before unmolding.
    6. To make the icing, mix the sugar the and lemon juice, pour over pound cake and garnish with thyme flowers.

            Rinde: 1 pound cake
            Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
            Cook time: 00 hrs. 50 mins.
            Total time: 70 mins.
            Tags: Pound Cake, Lemon, Thyme.


            Try making this Lemon and thyme pound cake, you'll love it, using herbs on sweet preparations is something that can be scary, but it is a wonderful adventure, if you use dry thyme, use less, remember that every dry herb is stronger in flavor, you can try it with rosemary, which also mix perfectly with lemon, just be careful, rosemary is really strong in flavor, so use just a little.

            Pound Cake de Limón y Tomillo

            I hope you like this pound cake and make it, remember to share your photos of my recipes on Instagram  with #chokolatpimienta. Kisses to my Chokolovers. I hope that you join the adventure of thyme.

            No comments:

            Printfriendly