A few weeks ago, my Friends from Le Creuset asked me if I wanted to collaborate with them and Bonne Maman, they are a French brand of jam, so I obviously said yes, I’ve been wanting to try those jams for a while, But I couldn’t find them here at Villahermosa, and suddenly, one afternoon, I heard a knock on the door and it is the messenger guy with a he box full of jams, and so I wondered what would I do with that much jam hahaha, but oh well, they are so good, I’m at heaven, they are really good, and I’m not a huge fan of jams, but this ones are so sweet, you know they are made from real fruits, they are REALLY good.
This recipe I bring you today is for cookies with 4 red fruits, it’s Delicious, they are butter cookies that melt in your mouth with that touch of jam, they are to die for, but from pleasure, my husband eats zero jams, and he devoured them, so I assume he liked them.
This cookie recipe reminds me of cookies that were sold in Venezuela a long time ago, I don’t know if they still sell them, they were called “reinitas”, they were soooo good, well this recipe are kind of like those, the y melt in your mouth, like if they were crumble cookies and the jam adds adds an explotion of flavor, they are good for kids lunch, just don’t give them to many, they are not exactly low in calories.
You can make this cookies and add any other jam you like, they are still going to be good, you can also change the jam flavor if you want, try making them and let me know how they went, if you changed the jam flavor and you liked it, let me know to try it myself! And do you have a favourite cookie recipe? Let me know which one bellow on the comments.
Here is a video with the steps to make this tasty cookies, they don’t have to be perfect, they are homemade cookies, that is part of their charm, I bet you that how they look is going to be the less important thing when you devour them.
Delicious butter cookies filled with a touch of Bonne Maman’s red fruits jam.
- 250 grams of melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 2 1/2 cups of flour + 1/4 for assembly
- 200 of Bonne Maman jam
1. Place in a food processor the almonds along with half the flour, grind the almonds until they become a fine powder. Pour into a #LeCreusetMx multipurpose bowl and mix with the rest of the dry ingredients.
2. Add the butter to the dry ingredients and mix using a hand mixer, add the vanilla and combine. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
3. Knead the dough occasionally so that everything is incorporated.
4. Remove the dough from refrigerator and form the cookies by adding some flour, using your thumb make a hole in the middle of the cookie, refrigerate for 20 min. Fill the hole of each cookie with jam.
5. Bake at 180° C for 15-20 min. or until they are golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and cool the cookies.
Yield: 40 cookies.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 50 mins.
Tags: Recipe, cookies with jam, Bonne Maman Jam
If you want to try this tasty Bonne Maman Jams, you can buy them at Liverpool, Palacio de Hierro or directly with the distributor for México, Hanseatik.
I Invite you to go to my online store, this month we have a 10% discount on everything on the store, and if you buy more than 500 pesos you get my book Navidades Chokolat Pimienta, with easy recipes for this Christmas as a gift, how about that!, really good isn’t it? If you already have it you can write me and we can send it to anyone you want.
I hope I can read from you bellow on the comments, did you make it?, how was it? Or just say to say hi, I would love to have your input, Follow my adventures in the kitchen thru my Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and my Youtube channel, Subscribe and be the first to know about new recipes, novelties, releases and contests, if you make this or any other of my recipes, take a picture and share it with us thru #chokolatpimienta on twitter and Instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, and let me sweeten your days.
Visit Chokolat Pimienta Shop!