Monday, August 18, 2014

Spinach Cream Soup


This week I bring to you a new delicious spinach cream soup with tortillas and blue cheese recipe, it is very simple to make and it's a trouble solver on those days when you don't have time for cooking, you can also make it and refrigerate it, to heat it later and all in under 30 minutes, you'll have a very tasty and effortless meal.


I'm watching you with my magical computer eye, and I see you frowning your face with the recipe, but I promise you, it's going to be delicious. I'm not a fan of soups and creams, but this is one of my favourites and I can eat several bowls without realising how mane I've ate.

This recipe is a elaborated version of a classic Spinach cream my mom used to make me in Venezuela, my recipe is adapted with a Mexican touch, with crispy tortilla chips and seasoned with chilli pepper and an unexpected touch of blue cheese that adds another dimension to the cream, if you don't like the blue cheese, you can replace it with panela cheese, regular white cheese or any other soft flavour cheese.


Spinach Cream Soup

Ingredients


  • 4 bunches of organic spinach 
  • 1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth 
  • 1 cup of water 
  • 1 large potato (peeled) 
  • 2 cloves of garlic 
  • 1/2 onion, chopped 
  • 1 spring onion chopped (onion only) 
  • Salt and pepper to taste 
  • 10 corn tortillas 
  • Chili flakes 
  • 3 tablespoons of olive oil 
  • Blue Cheese



1 Preheat oven to 200 °C. Chop tortillas into thin strips, cover with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a little salt and chili flakes. Bake until the tortillas are golden.

2 Place in a cocotte preheated to medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil and saute the onions and garlic until golden brown, add the chicken broth and water, then add the potatoes and cook until soft.

3 When the potatoes are cooked, add the spinach, cook for about 5 more min. and remove the cocotte from the fire. Let it cool a few minutes then blend the cream, cook for about 5 minutes more over high heat, just to warm up, add salt and pepper.

3 Serve the cream and sprinkle with some tortilla chips, ultimately put a small cube of blue cheese over the cream.

Yield: 2 potions
Tags: Cream Spinach Soup Recipes for every day, easy, fast.


Follow my adventures in the kitchen thru my FacebookTwitterPinterestInstagram and my Youtube channel, Subscribe and be the first to know about new recipes, novelties, releases and contests, if you make this or any other of my recipes,  take a picture and share it with us thru #chokolatpimienta on twitter and Instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, and let me sweeten your days.

Visit Chokolat Pimienta Shop!

No comments:

Printfriendly