A few days ago my friends of Le Creuset invited me to create three fabulous recipes to celebrate the Children’s monthhere in Mexico, I thought it would be the best to reinvent this classic dish, most of the children (big or small) love, macaroni and cheese.
Mini mac and cheese
Thinking of the little ones of the house, mini macaroni with cheddar, gruyere, bacon and broccoli trees.
- 350 grams of cooked short pasta
- 3/4 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 200 grs. of cheddar cheese
- 100 grs. of gruyere cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 90 grs. of crispy bacon
- Broccoli taste
- 1 teaspoon of chives
1. In a large saucepan place the milk and cream, cook it over medium heat until it boils. Add the cheese, season with salt (add pepper if you like) and mix until cheeses are well dissolved and cream is formed.
2. Add the pasta, bacon, chives and broccoli, stir well until everything is covered with cheese sauce.
3. Serve, garnished with a little more of bacon and some broccoli trees.
Yield: 10 portions
Prep time: 30 mins.
Tags: Pasta, macaroni, macaroni and cheese, broccoli, bacon, recipe for kids.
I hope you like the recipe and share it with your family and friends. Follow my adventures in the kitchen through my Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and my Youtube channel, subscribe to them and be the first to find out about new recipes, releases, news and contests, if you do this or any other of my recipes, take a picture and share it with me through the # chokolatpimienta on twitter and instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, let me sweeten your day!