Thursday, November 7, 2013

Cachapas


The cachapas are a very popular dish in Venezuela, especially in the eastern region of the country, usually they are sold in small restaurants on the edge of the road, the cachapas are basically a sweet corn pancakes that are usually served with ¨Queso de mano¨ (cheese), fried pork or ham and cheese.

I love Venezuelan cuisine, the influence of other cultures has made it rich and the variety of flavors is complex but simple at the same time. While I was doing these cachapas, I remembered my childhood, when I helped my grandmother to grind corn, to make traditional cachapas all together as a family, I like to recall those happy moments of my early days in the kitchen, they are the kind of moments that make me continue cooking.


I hope you like the recipe and make the Cachapas at home, the cornmeal flour I use is Juana, especially made for cachapas, if you can't get it,  replace it for more corn and a tablespoon of flour.

Cachapas

Vanessa Hernandez
A delicious Venezuelan dish that combines the sweetness of the yellow corn and saltiness of the pork, with cheese an a green touch that adds freshness to the dish.

Ingredients


    • 200 grs of yellow corn grains
    • 1 cup of cornmeal flour (cachapas flour)
    • 250 ml of milk
    • 1 egg
    • Salt and Pepper
    • 250 grs of pork
    • 1 tbsp shortening
    • Green leaves
    • Cheese
    • 1/2 teaspoon of oregano

    Yield: 8 portions
    Prep Time: 00:05 min
    Cook time: 00:20 min
    Tags: Cachapas, Venezuelan Dish, Cheese, Pork, Corn, Corn Flour, Milk, Eggs

    I hope you like the recipe and share it with your family and friends. Follow my adventures in the kitchen through my FacebookTwitterPinterest, Instagram  and my Youtube channel, subscribe to them and be the first to find out about new recipes, releases, news and contests, if you do this or any other of my recipes, take a picture and share it with me through the # chokolatpimienta on twitter and instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, let me sweeten your day!

    No comments:

    Printfriendly