Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Simple Chicken Soup





  I think when you are feeling sick , with out energy or when you need some instant mother love, if we talk about food... a good chicken soup is the sotution, everyone has a version, with more chicken, with more of vegetables, only with chicken broth, endless millions of posible conbinations, today I share with you guys, one of my vertions, It was unexpected, experimental and proved to be a success, how do I know it?, because my husband who doesn't like soups, ate two bowls, willingly ... so in my house it was a total success  haha ;) my husband is like that spoiled son, who doesn't like to eat anything haha, that's how he is, therefore every time he eats something he didn't like or something that seemed unlikely, to me, It's a victory.

  Although it may seem simple to make a good chicken soup, it  requires patience and time, you must make a good stock, get fresh vegetables and pay attention to the little details, this soup we'll be making today carries some ingredients that may not be associated with a conventional chicken soup, but I assure you it will give it a special and unique touch.



   To make the the chicken stock,  fill your pan with 1.5 liters of water, add the chicken, preferably bony parts like the legs, thighs, wings, or neck and if you have the whole chiken, that's better, remove the skin to lower the fat from the broth, add lots of vegetables like carrots, onions, celery, among others. and fresh herbs (bay leaves, parsley, cilantro, thyme) cook for at least an hour or until the chicken is done, then let it sit, when it's cold enough as not to burn yourself, remove the chicken  and shread its breast or the piece you like and want to use for the soup and save the rest for another preparation as enchiladas or something like it, strain the broth and reserve. If you do not have time to make the stock you can use two chicken stock cubes. To see how I made this delicious chicken soup with an oriental twist chech the video.



  Add the fish sauce, lime juice and ginger at the end of the cooking, almost as the dumplings are ready, garnish your soup with a little of lemon, It gives a refreshing twist. I love this variation of my conventional soup, the day I did it I was feeling super bad and I can assure you I felt better after eating it, It returned the soul to my body as we say in Venezuela.

   I want to thank my friend Andres B. for making the music of this video, the song is called Amanda and was a nice gift from him.Follow my adventures in the kitchen through my FacebookTwitterPinterest, Instagram pages and my Youtube channel, if you do this or any other of my recipes, take a picture and share it with me through the # chokolatpimienta on twitter and instagram .

No comments:

Printfriendly