Monday, August 19, 2013

Apple Crisp


Apple Crisp, a dessert that has stolen my heart, it is crunchy and soft at the same time, sweet and spicy all in one, it was a wonderful find and I want to share it with you. This is one of those desserts ideal to eat on cold or rainy days or when you are alone at home watching cooking shows on TV haha.

I love eating it a few mininutes later I take it get  out of the oven, still warm, it brings me a love feeling, I dont now how describe it, it is like magically the apples hug me, I feel loved, happy, I dont now why but this desset evokes me home, mother's love, warm, I hope that when you make it at home it gives you these feelings.



To make the crisp, mix together the flour, the oat, 1/4 cup of sugar, butter, vanilla extract and half of the almonds, incorporate well all the ingridients until you get loose crumbs.


Before doing anything else, pre heat the oven 180°C or 356°F.  To make the filling, peel the apples and cut them in cuves, put them in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice, then incorporate 2 tablespoons of muscovado sugar, cinnamon and ginger, mix well.

Where you bake your crisp it is up to you, if you want to make a big portion or if you it make like i did, bake them in littles Le Creuset ramekings that are ideal for this preparation. Cover the ramekings with butter and put some apple mixures in each one, cover with the crumbs and the remaining almonds, then put the ramekins in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until still golden.


Ramekins estrella Le Creuset
Let it cool  for a few minutes before serving, if you want, you can serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or with some whipped cream.

Prepare this recipe that is lovely, if you have another version, share it with us. Follow my adventures in the kitchen through my  FacebookTwitterPinterest & Instagram pages and if you do this or any other of my recipes, take a picture and share it with me through the # chokolatpimienta on twitter and instagram.

No comments:

Printfriendly