Friday, June 7, 2013

Skillet Cookie

If you like Chocolate chip cookies, you are going to love this recipe. It's ¨THE COOKIE¨, It has a lot of flavor, tons of semi-bitter Chocolate chips, nuts, It's soft, but not so much, it has the perfect consistency to eat it alone or with a giant ice cream serving, you decide how you like it more.

A few days ago I found on the internet a Store that sells gluten-free that sends them to your house, I bought few flours to try them for my book, oops, TMI haha; While experimenting, I wanted to give a traditional recipe a twist, and decided to make this recipe with one of the flours (Brown Rice), I though, if it has chocolate, It can't go wrong! and I was right, my husband loved it, and so did his coworkers, so I'm going to share this recipe with you, It is not 100% free gluten, I'm still figuring out how this flours work, but it's so delicious that in the end, it doesn't even matters ;)

For this recipe, I used a Le Creuset Skillet of 26 cm, Caribbean Blue
 

Serves for 12 normal sized portions or 8 decadent pieces of pure gluttony
Preparation time: 5 min / Cooking time: 20 a 25 min

1 + 3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 tablespoon soy oil




Pre heat the oven to 180 ° C.
Place in a deep bowl the flour, baking powder and salt, mix them well. In another container, mix the two types of sugar.

Using a blender, cream the butter with the sugar, when they are incorporated and look like a cream, add the egg and vanilla.

Chop the walnuts into small pieces and reserve. Then add to the mixture (in two batches) the flour, chocolate chips and nuts, just incorporate the ingredients and don't over mix the cookie dough.

Pour a tablespoon of oil on your Le Creuset skillet and spread evenly across the surface, help yourself to the brush of silicone revolution of Le Creuset cookware. Pour the mixture onto the skillet and spread it evenly.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cookie is golden brown. Carefully remove it from the oven and let it cool.

Try using new flours in your daily preparations, You'll see that It'll give your food an unexpected touch, For me, it turned out very well in this recipe, rice flour gives a delicate flavor and adds a crisp touch to the cookie.

Thank you very much to all those who gave me words of encouragement this past week when my bunny died, It was very helpful, I'm still very sad, he was my buddy, more than a pet, he was my son, now he is better, I assume, He's not suffering, the day of his death we sent to cremate his little body and his ashes now rest on a marble urn that I placed in the most special place of the house, which to some may be silly, but for me he was more than a rabbit , on his last days, he showd me more than ever how much he loved me, he wouldn't leave my side and all he asked was to be next to me, those who visit my instagran page can realize it, thanks for all your support, you are loved back.



Choco 2010-2013

No comments:

Printfriendly